The holidays are here, and it’s time to spread the cheer. Searching for the perfect wine as a gift for your boss, or what to serve for this year’s dinner? We tapped into industry experts and sommeliers to help guide you in all of your wine situations for December in this two-part series.
All of the featured wines below can be enjoyed at your local Carrabba’s Italian Grill but there are thousands of wines that can fit into your holiday plans. Don’t forget the number one rule, enjoy what you like and don’t give anything that you wouldn’t drink yourself!
- Situation: You are hosting family dinner and everyone has different taste.
- Solution: Choose a full- bodied red like a Cabernet Sauvignon and a medium-bodied white like a Chardonnay to satisfy even the pickiest mother in-law.
Louis Martini Cabernet Sauvignon
Joel Gott Unoaked Chardonnay
- Situation: You are invited to a holiday party and not sure what kind of wine to give to the host/hostess.
- Solution: Ask what foods they are serving ahead of time. Be prepared with a wine that pairs well with what they are serving so the bottle can be enjoyed that evening.
- Bonus Solution: Are they serving red meats or stews? Bring a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot. Are they are serving light cheeses or pastas with cream sauce? Bring a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay.
Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc
- Situation: It’s chilly outside and you want to curl up by the fire with the perfect glass of vino.
- Solution: Warm up with a red blend or Cabernet Sauvignon.
Apothic Red Blend
- Situation: You need the perfect gift for a coworker.
- Solution: Try pairing a box of caramels with a Chardonnay or a Carrabba’s gift card and a Pinot Grigio.
Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio
- Situation: You want the perfect glass (or bottle) for a Wednesday night.
- Solution: Choose something appropriate for the season by adding a little sparkle with a Prosecco or sparkling wine.
Rosa Regale Sparkling Red
Wine brings people together and makes for the perfect gift. Don’t forget, we celebrate our love for vino every Wine Wednesday with $10 off any bottle all day long.
Do you have any questions for our wine experts? Comment below!